Writers and Actors Reading and Performing Theatre is Seeking to World Premiere Six Unique Short Works for Stage and Film, Celebrating Cis & Trans Women of Color in the Traditional Fantasy Genre.
Cis & Trans Women and People of Color are heavily marginalized in the fantasy genre. Historically, Women have been subjugated and hyper-sexualized when featured in any way. Similarly, People of Color are often missing entirely.
WARP is seeking to contribute equitable and diverse roles to the Traditional Fantasy genre, highlighting strong characters without gender or ethnic bias.
Also seeking strong leaders within diverse communities who wish to direct. To apply, complete the contact form below.
- Original Work of the Submitter (Unique)
- World Premiere (Having Not Been Previously Produced)
- Short Form (10 – 20 Minutes in Length)
- Leading Roles for Cis & Trans Women of Color
- Minimum of TWO – Maximum of EIGHT Characters
- Traditional Fantasy Genre: Uses magic or other supernatural elements as a main plot element, theme, or setting
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: July 1st, 2017
Email Script Submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop Your Script at One of Our Tuesday Nights!
Writers and Actors Reading and Performing hosts an open workshop every Tuesday here Playwrights can hear their work read by local actors, and receive critical feedback on the development of their piece.
All interested parties are encouraged to join us for one of these workshops!!
Tell Us You’re Interested!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions – or just to let us know you’re interested in participating!